A copycat recipe from the popular bowl at True Food Kitchen. This rendition is just as good and is Elimination Diet friendly too.
- 2 T avocado oil and 2 t toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ¾ cup rainbow carrots, various colors, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, ends pinched off
- 2 baby Bok choy heads cut into 1/8ths
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms sliced into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup onion sliced into strips
- 1 c frozen edamame thawed
- 1 cup prepared brown rice
- 1 cup prepared quinoa
- 1 cup avocado cut into cubes
- 2 T toasted sesame seeds
- Teriyaki Sauce (see in the condiment section)
In a saucepan, heat oil. Add garlic and onion and cook until translucent. Add mushrooms and cook until softened. Add remaining vegetables and cook until slightly browned. Take off heat. Prepare bowls by adding ¼ cup quinoa and ¼ cup brown rice. Top with cooked vegetables. Drizzle each bowl with teriyaki sauce and top with avocado cubes and toasted sesame seeds. You can also add the sauce to the cooked vegetables before putting them in the bowl.