Tuna with Mango and Red Pepper Salsa
Looking for a great, healthy recipe that will surprise your guests while you’re not hammering away in the kitchen. Then check out this Tuna with Fresh Mango and Red Pepper Salsa recipe. It will impress at your next dinner!
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 large peeled, chopped mango (use Champagne variety if available)
- 1 medium chopped red bell pepper
- 1 medium finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 line
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ( 5 – 6 oz) tuna steaks
For the Salsa
- Combine mango, bell pepper, onion cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Heat broiler. Brush tuna with a little olive oil (EVOO) and broil about 10 minutes per inch of thickness; turn halfway through cooking time for 1-inch thick fish. (Cook thinner cuts less.) Serve with salsa.
- Note: Place fish 1 inch thick or less 2 to 4 inches from heat; thicker fish should be placed 5 to 6 inches from broiler.
Per serving: 206 calories, 32 grams protein, 2 grams fat (7 percent calories from fat), 0.5 grams saturates fat, 15 grams carbohydrate, 67 milligrams cholesterol, 57 milligrams sodium, 2 grams fiber.Download Printable Recipe