Summer is synonymous with watermelon so try this simple salad at your next cookout. We used Enzo’s Table oil and balsamic vinegar. If you want to try go to www.enzostable.com to get some.
- 1 medium watermelon cut into bite-sized pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1 ½ cup blueberries, washed
- 1 ¼ cup crumbled sheep feta
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup high-quality balsamic vinegar ( We like Enzo brand balsamic vinegar)
- 2 T basil olive oil (If you cannot find basil olive oil on hand take 1 cup extra virgin olive oil and combine with ¼ cup fresh basil in a food processor until smooth and well mixed. Can use for salads or can drizzle over vegetables or meats)
- 1-2 T honey though not necessary with high-quality balsamic vinegar
Add watermelon, blueberries, and goat cheese to a large bowl. Thinly slice basil and mint leaves and add to fruit and cheese. In a separate bowl mix together the vinegar, oil, and honey if using until combined well. Drizzle over fruit and feta and lightly toss again. Serve immediately.