This recipe might just be the simplest most flavorful rice dish you’ll ever cook. It comes together so easily and quickly in one skillet, which makes for less mess. You can even throw in your favorite veggies if you wish. Thanks to our friends at Kim’s Cravings for sharing this tasty easy to make recipe!
Ingredients: (Servings: 6, Calories: 470, Minutes: 15)
- 1 ½ cups corn (frozen or fresh)
- 15 ounces black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 3 cups brown rice (whole grain, Minute® Ready to Serve Rice)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- Fresh cilantro
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add corn and black beans and cook until corn is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add Minute® Ready to Serve Rice and chili powder and stir to combine. Cook; stirring constantly, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in salsa and cook until everything is combined and warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5-10 minutes, then garnish with cilantro and avocado, if desired. Serve as a main meal or alongside tacos, enchiladas, or fajitas. Also, wonderful as a vegan burrito filling.