Breakfast (Or Anytime) Cookies
Who says you can’t have cookies for breakfast?
These gluten-free, vegan delights are packed with protein and are delicious, too. These cookies are great for busy mornings or as a nutritious snack!
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- ½ cup gluten-free oat flour (or ground oats)
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 2 Tablespoons flaxseeds
- 2 Tablespoons raw, shelled hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F).
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and applesauce until fully combined and melted – about 3 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, oat flour, almond meal, seeds, cinnamon and salt with a fork.
- Pour the melted nut butter mixture over the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold in the raisins and walnuts
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Using two spoons, scoop and shape cookies onto the sheet. This recipe yields about 16 cookies, but you can make them larger or smaller as desired. They do not spread when baking, so you don’t need a lot of space between them. Still, I opted to use two baking sheets.
- Bake 18-20 minutes. They will just begin to brown on the tops and around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. They will become stiffer as they cool. Transfer them to a rack to cool completely.
I store these wrapped in wax paper in the fridge for 4-5 days.
[maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Thrive-Breakfast-or-Anytime-Cookies.pdf” text=”Download Printable Recipe!” ] [maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/functional-and-integrative-medicine/thriver-medical-membership/” text=”Become A Thriver!” ]