“Leggero” stands for light.
This sauce is a perfect base for pasta or vegetable noodles on a night between parties and celebrations. When teamed up with a salad like our Kale Ceasar it provides a nutrient-dense meal packed with phytonutrients and antioxidants and will have your body forgiving you for the extra drinks and desserts you have consumed during the season. Ragu’ Leggero is the sauce teamed up with sausage or ground meat but this sauce is also great with shrimp and chicken.
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz Rice or Gluten-Free Noodles
- 2 cups Roma tomatoes, sliced and halved
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 medium onion quartered and cut into small chunks
- 4 T white wine
- 2 T olive oil
- ½ cup cashew or almond milk
- ½ t sea salt
- ½ t ground black pepper
- Sauté tomatoes and onions in olive oil over low heat. Add the vegetable broth and 2 T wine and sweet potatoes. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Using an immersion blender puree tomato mixture. Add milk and the remaining 2 T of wine, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 5 additional minutes.
- While vegetables are simmering cook pasta according to package directions or use zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash noodles. Toss noodles in a bowl with olive oil, minced garlic, and chopped parsley. Top with sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.