A wonderful brunch presentation or the perfect option for a meat-free dinner. You can also prepare the bean filling and use it as a filling for an omelet.
- 6 eggs
- 2 T olive oil
- ½ t sea salt
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 t garlic, minced
- ¼ cup shredded organic cheddar cheese
- 1/8 t cayenne pepper
- ½ cup tomato chopped
- 1 cup black beans, cooked
- 1 T cilantro minced
- ½ t cumin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cast iron pan with oil.
- In a cast iron skillet, add oil, sauté scallions, garlic, and cayenne for 1 minute.
- Add tomato and beans and cook until the liquid evaporates. Add cilantro and cumin, mix well, and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and add salt. Add eggs to the bean mixture and spread evenly through the pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cook until cheese melts. Top with Avocado slices or your favorite Salsa Verde.