Fruity Spinach Salad
Fruit and spinach make a delicious combination, especially when drizzled with a lovely vinaigrette dressing, and adding walnuts gives your salad a fun crunch.
Thanks to our friends at The Institute of Functional Medicine for sharing this easy-to-make recipe!
Ingredients: (Servings: 4, Calories: 165)
- 1 pint fresh organic strawberries (or 2 cups sliced)
- 8 oz. fresh spinach, washed, dried, torn to pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flax seed oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Cut berries in half and arrange over spinach in a serving bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in blender or food processor and process until smooth. Just before serving, pour over salad and toss.
- Garnish with nuts.
Note(s): For a variation, try raspberries in place of strawberries, and sliced almonds in place of walnuts.
[maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Fruity-Spinach-Salad.pdf” text=”Download Printable Recipe” ] [maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/functional-and-integrative-medicine/thriver-medical-membership/” text=”Become a Thriver!” ]