Thrive Original Amaretti Cookies
April 19, 2023
This yummy cookie recipe was demonstrated during our Blue Zones Cooking Class in Sardinia, Italy, and it was quite the favorite!
- 2 ½ cups almond meal or flour
- 1 cup organic sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- 3 egg whites
- 1 t almond extract
- Extra sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk almond four and sugar together. Add grated lemon zest and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add egg whites and whisk until form soft peaks. Whisk in almond extract. Incorporate the egg whites into the almond mixture. Use a small ice cream scoop (or cookie dough scoop-1 T) to portion the dough into balls.
- With damp hands, form balls and coat them with sugar. Place on paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 23-25 minutes until golden brown in color. Cool before storing. Keep in an air-tight container for 3-4 days.